Breast Reduction Columbia
Physical discomfort, and dissatisfaction with appearance are commonly cited concerns of women who desire breast reduction surgery. Often, excessively large and heavy breasts cause chronic back, neck, and shoulder pain and can interfere with daily activities. Dr. Wassermann’s comprehensive breast reduction training and personalized surgical techniques minimize scarring.
With breast reduction surgery, Dr. Wassermann gives his patients a more proportionate figure that relieves their symptoms and improves self-esteem. He has performed extensive research on the efficacy and outcomes of breast reduction surgery and combines his detailed knowledge with an innovative touch to achieve beautiful, natural-looking results.
During breast reduction surgery, incisions are made around the areola and extend down the breast and along the crease. Excess skin and tissue are removed and the breast is reshaped, coned, and lifted on the chest wall with elevation of the nipple. As part of the process, the areola is reduced in size as well.
Surveys of Dr. Wassermann’s previous patients have shown that 85 percent report complete relief of all pre-operative symptoms. The remaining 15 percent report an 80 percent reduction in their symptoms. This is in addition to a more balanced figure, improved posture, increased clothing options, and enhanced confidence.
Average breast reduction weight loss is approximately 4.5 pounds at the time of surgery and 12 pounds six months post-surgery.
Typically, breast reduction patients at our South Carolina center are able to return to work and other light activities in one to two weeks.
Click here to see more Breast Reduction photos.